Based in Ealing, Beta Structural Engineerswas set up in West London in 2009 to provide clients in London and the South East with civil engineering designs, structural engineering design and structural survey/assessment services.
- Our structural calculations and construction drawings comply with building control requirements and Building Regulations Document A.
- Our planning service covers permitted (lawful) developments, planning applications, liaising with the local authorities and full building control support to ensure compliance with the building regulations.
- Our structural assessment service covers steel, masonry, concrete and timber building materials.
- Our structural design service uses the latest design software programmes to provide efficient and accurate solutions to our clients.
- Our services are offered with hands-on supervision of the construction and repair work.
- Our service includes connection design and steel fabrication drawings to ensure accurate and smooth flow of information to the fabricator and builder.
- We work with architects, planners,builders, developers, fabricators, suppliers and regulators to meet client requirements safely, on time and within budget.
Our structural engineering services include:
- Feasibility studies offered to Clients, Architects, Developers and Planners. This service gives decision makers early indication whether the intended works are practical and make technical and financial sense from the perspective of a civil and structural engineer.
- Structural design for single-storey and two storey extensions including the design of steel beams, design of steel frames, design of a steel box frame, design of new foundations and check existing masonry supports and foundations.
- Structural design for loft conversions including the design of steel beams, design of steel frames and the check of existing masonry supports.
- Structural design for basements creation including the design of retaining walls, reinforced concrete columns and slabs and use of structural steel to create large spans for architectural effect.
- Structural design for all alternations including removal of chimney breasts, removal of internal load-bearing walls and extending or creating openings in existing walls.
- Structural calculations to satisfy building control in local authorities that structural alterations meet the requirements of the building regulations. We have successfully submitted calculation reports for the councils of Ealing, Hounslow, Brent, Kingston, Fulham and Hammersmith, Richmond, Kingston, Kensington and Chelsea.
- Civil engineering design for foundations, piling, underpinning, screw piles, sheet piles, retaining walls and all types of groundworks.
- Structural surveys, structural inspections, pre-purchase structural reports and structural condition assessment including recommendations and designs of repairs with estimates for construction cost.
- Repair design for all types of buildings including steel, masonry, concrete and timber structures.
- Preparation of material take off for steelwork including design of connections and liaison with steel fabricators for efficient practical solutions.
Our successfully completed projects include buildings in structures in the following categories:
Basement Extension, Creffield Road, Ealing W5
Loft Conversion, Marlborough Road, Ealing W5
Internal Modifications, Mattock Lane, WestEaling W13
Basement LeakRepairs, Ingersoll Road, Shepherds Bush W12
Steel Connection Design, Elgin Crescent, Notting Hill W11
Structural Modifications to Industrial Units, Kendal Avenue, Acton W3
Rear Extension, Deans Road, Hanwell W7
Loft Conversion, Sydney Road, West Ealing W13
Internal Modifications, Avondale Road, Mortlake SW14
Masonry Crack Repairs, Neville Road, Ealing W5
Gantry Crane Support Design, Feltham Industrial Estate, Feltham TW15
Subsidence Assessment next to Network Rail Works (Crossrail), West Ealing W13