STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENTS
We offer cost-effective structural design of new residential buildings. We work with the client, the architect and the contractor to select the suitable structural layout using both traditional and modern materials. We work closely with private-sector developers and their architects, as well as with housing associations and local authorities to achieve the best commercial design.
Our portfolio is expanding and we are resourced to provide civil and structural engineering design services for the following development types:
- Small scale developments of flats, detached houses or terraced houses.
- Two/three-storey developments of flats, houses and townhouses.
- Multi-storey developments including mixed use developments with a retail/commercial unit at ground floor or basement levels.
We are often engaged at the early stages of planning or immediately after planning approval. We advise the client and the contractor on the advantages and disadvantages of different structural solutions:
- Traditional masonry walls with timber floors
- Steel frames with timber floors
- Concrete frames
- Steel frames with composite slabs
- Steel frames with beam and block floors
- Timber frames
We design taking into account the cost implications, the skillset of the contractor, the aesthetics and architectural details, the spans/loads/layout of the building. Our team uses the latest computer-aided-design CAD tools to design and detail the structural solutions. We support our drawings with a set of specifications that ensures our designs are built safely, on time and within budget. We follow up with site visits as and when required to ensure effective communication with the contractor team during construction and to maintain a cooperative team spirit until completion.